Grand Hotel – Esther Williams Swimming Pool
Grand Hotel has gone through an extensive renovation to transform the iconic Esther Williams Swimming Pool, named after the actress and competitive swimmer who starred in the 1947 movie, This Time for Keeps, filmed at Grand Hotel. Guests can enjoy a relaxing day at the pool and look forward to the addition of new state-of-the-art facilities and enhanced offerings on our grounds
Guests are able to enjoy a number of upgrades and have a brand new experience – fun for the entire family. Here are a few things to look forward to:
- Expanded outdoor space for leisure and meeting guests.
- Reservable cabanas for a luxurious poolside experience that includes food and beverage service from the Esther Williams Pool Bar.
- A new family-friendly area complete with a zero-depth beach entry, water jet play area, and water slide.
- A new large heated whirlpool, and private adults-only pool area featuring an infinity edge with magnificent views.
- Unique programming and events throughout the season, such as family-friendly movie nights.
Facebook Contest – Enter Now Through August 12, 2021
Photos and More Info – Esther Williams Swimming Pool
The pool is named for the actress Esther Williams who starred in the 1947 movie, “This Time For Keeps”, filmed on Mackinac Island and at Grand Hotel. The movie has classic scenes of Mackinac Island in the 1940s with shots of sleigh rides through the streets of Mackinac Island in the winter and summer scenes of Grand Hotel and the Esther Williams Swimming Pool. Anyone who has rented a bicycle on Mackinac Island will get a kick out of seeing Jimmy Durante riding on the back of a tandem bicycle through the streets of downtown Mackinac Island.
A DVD of the movie was released in the fall of 2009.